Many major changes were carried out between 1929 and 1932, particularly the removal of the Béthune coat of arms. The chateau’s current frontage is attributable to Armand and Ernest-John, the son and grandson of the founder of the famous Solvay dynasty.
In 1894, Ernest Solvay had his town house, the Hôtel Solvay, built in Brussels. Victor Horta was also engaged to furnish the castle’s interior. The only remaining trace of these changes, in the art nouveau style, is the hand pump near the stables.
Jean-Jacques Nicolas Arveuf-Fransquin and Jean-François Coppens were the architects placed in charge of the construction of the castle. Work was completed in 1842, leaving a majestic chateau in the Flemish neo-renaissance style.
Dans le cadre de l'amélioration des technologie et de la sécurité, Microsoft ne supporte plus votre navigateur. Par conséquant, pour consulter ce site, vous devez mettre a jour Internet Explorer vers une version récente.